You need a microSD card to install the BrightSign player.
1. Download the app form web https://b.signageos.io
ATTENTION: PLEASE USE THIS APPLICATION TEMPORARY:
ATTENTION: If you need to use BrightSign on LED walls that are larger than 1080px in height, use this app:
2. Unzip the downloaded file and copy its contents to a formatted microSD card (FAT32). The files must be in the root directory of the microSD card.
3. Insert the card into BrightSign
4. Plug BrightSign into a power socket
5. BrightSign boots and supports verification hash devices
If BrightSign does not display a hash, make sure it has the latest version of FW.
- Turn off BrightSign
- Remove microSD card
- Turn on BrightSign
- FW version appears on screen
- The latest version required to get started is 8.0.33
- If you don't have the version installed, download it at webu BrightSign for required model.
- HD3 https://s3.amazonaws.com/brightsignbiz/firmware/hd3/8.0/8.0.33/brightsign_hd3_update_8.0.33.zip
- LS4 https://s3.amazonaws.com/brightsignbiz/firmware/ls4/8.0/8.0.33/brightsign_ls4_update_8.0.33.zip
- HD4 https://s3.amazonaws.com/brightsignbiz/firmware/hd4/8.0/8.0.33/brightsign_hd4_update_8.0.33.zip
- XT3 https://s3.amazonaws.com/brightsignbiz/firmware/xt3/8.0/8.0.33/brightsign_xt3_update_8.0.33.zip
- XT4 https://s3.amazonaws.com/brightsignbiz/firmware/xt4/8.0/8.0.33/brightsign_xt4_update_8.0.33.zip
- Place the downloaded FW file on the microSD card in the root directory (you can keep the downloaded application here)
- Insert the microSD card into BrightSign and turn it on
- BrightSign se will update and reboot
Problem displaying verification hash? Perform a Factory Reset:
- Turn Off BrightSign
- Press and hold
SVC and Resetbuttons
- Turn On BrightSign (plug into power)
- The LED's start flashing
- Wait at least 4seconds
- Release the buttons
- BrightSign restarts
- If one Factory Reset does not help, repeat at least 2 times