App version by webOS version:
|Version webOS||URL address by system version||Note|
|webOS 1||https://w.signageos.io/1.zip||webOS 1 cannot play portrait videos!|
|webOS 3.x||https://w.signageos.io/||These versions have a problem playing vertical video, it is necessary to use the rotated videos for full resolution|
|webOS 4.0||https://www.signageos.io/app3/com.lg.app.signage.ipk||Temporary application, webOS 4.0 support is in the testing phase|
- Turn on the display
- Go through the basic settings - language, country, time zone - do not skip this setting.
- Then continue with the orientation, network, on / off timer settings, etc. Skip the display and off / on timer settings or confirm the default settings.
- Hold the Settings button on the remote control until a gray bubble with a chat icon appears in the upper right corner.
- Enter 0000 on the driver and press OK -> in Signage Setup select Wake On LAN and set as shown below.
- In Signage Setup, select Power on status and select PWR On from the options.
- Hold the Settings button again, wait for the balloon and this time enter 8080 and confirm with OK.
- In the Server Menu , Select
- Launch mode - LOCAL
- Fully qualified domain name = ON
- Address - Select from the list at the beginning of this article according to the webOS version
- Aplication type - IPK
- Upgrade - REMOTE
- Press CONFIRM
- Signagelab app will be downloaded and installed
- Turn the panel off and on
- When turned on, an icon showing the status - Offline -> Reconnecting -> Loading appears in the upper right corner
- Subsequently, a short, unique 6-character verification code pops up, such as:
- Register the device as described here: https://support.hugport.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115005717425-Device-registration-in-SIGNAGELAB
- Once registered, your device can be now operated remotely.